The World of Maths Concept
World of Maths is a unique travelling maths show that provides fun, colourful, hands-on, mathematical, problem solving activities for student participation in school visits since 1990.
The activities or “displays” have been invented/designed, (with copyright), and manufactured by World of Maths and therefore would not be found anywhere else in the world.
In planning their year, schools allow a number of days where they will provide some variety to their student’s education. These will consist of ventures out of the school grounds, such as a trip to the zoo or museum, (excursions), and visits to the school from organisations, such as World of Maths, (in-cursions).
World of Maths had its beginnings in Australia in 1990 when Phil Way, a mathematics teacher for 13 years, began providing a “hands-on” problem solving approach to mathematical activities in schools. Problem solving is the fundamental and central activity in the learning and teaching of mathematics.
In 2002 World of Maths opened offices in New Zealand and England.
The program has been designed to cater for all abilities with 34 activities covering ages from 5 to14 year olds. At present, there are over 100 different displays being utilised in schools. These have taken many years to design and build with new ones being researched and developed by our maths committee.
Each display has been carefully designed so that it :
- is suited to the age level of the students.
- fits into the mathematics curriculum.
- is fun and enjoyable.
- can be related to practical and real-life situations.
- can be used by students of all ability levels.
- contains one or more mathematical concepts to be re-enforced.
The World of Maths concept has been tried and proven for the past 16 years.
It is a profitable business currently operating throughout Australia and New Zealand.
There are a limited number of franchises available. As a Franchisee you would have access to more than 1000 schools.
The business is easily operated by one person as the administration duties can be performed outside of school hours or a casual can be employed to assist with administration and bookings. Alternatively a working couple would be able to build up the business sooner by maximising promotions and bookings, with one partner able to conduct school visits on days where double bookings occur.
The World of Maths initial training period ensures that you are adequately equipped not only to start your business, but to meet your customer’s demands, build on your knowledge and skills, have the ability to cope with change and stay ahead of any competitors that may appear in the future.
Training will take place both within and outside of the classroom over the duration of not less than one week.
Advantages of owning a World of Maths franchise
- You will enjoy a pleasant working environment and conditions.
- You have the opportunity to be involved in the education profession.
- You can have up to twelve weeks holiday per year.
- You can obtain excellent financial rewards.
- You have the opportunity to contribute to the education of our future generation while operating a successful business.
- Your programme can be endorsed by the Maths advisory service.
- Your business is conducted during school hours only.
- You have access to a proven business system.
- World of Maths has an established name and reputation in Australia and New Zealand, in the field of education and is quickly spreading.
- New Zealand (1 franchise available)
- Other countries by request
For further details on Franchises, please use the form provided or contact Tim Tritton during business hours (Australian EST) – Click here for contact details….